Majority of Patients Get Their Health Information Online
If you want to attract these visitors to your site, consider populating it with patient education content. This content serves to inform your site's visitors which includes your current and prospective patients about numerous health conditions, while also highlighting what your practice has to offer.
Filling your site with accurate, well-researched healthcare information that describes the various disorders, conditions and ailments that you treat, along with detailed descriptions of the procedures and services that you offer, will drive more traffic your way. The content should provide medical and scientific detail, while also being easy to comprehend and not overly technical.
Regularly adding new content to your site will also serve to boost your search engine ranking on engines including Google and Yahoo, since frequently updated sites tend to rank higher than websites that rarely offer fresh content.
Still unconvinced that you should expand your website with informative content for your site's visitors?
Take a look at these statistics from the Pew Research Internet Project:
- 72 percent of internet users say they looked online for health information within the past year
- 52 percent of smartphone users gather health-related information on their phones
- 77 percent of online health seekers say they began their last session at a search engine such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo
- Half of online health information research is on behalf of someone else, such as for a sick relative
- The most commonly-researched topics are specific diseases or conditions; treatments or procedures; and doctors or other health professionals
Dr. Leonardo gives you access to an extensive library of clear, well-written content with thousands of topics to choose from in order to help you fill your new site with professional, accurate healthcare information that pertains to your area of expertise. Click here to learn more.
Does Your Healthcare Practice Need a Website?
Create your own high quality, professional site in four incredibly easy steps using Dr. Leonardo, a convenient Internet Presence Management tool that also allows users to fill their practice's site with informative patient education and award-winning images. Click here to get started!