Why Mobile Optimization is Essential
Last year, the Pew Research Center, a nonpartisan organization that gathers data and informs the public on a variety of issues and interests conducted research about mobile technology, and how people are using it. The way people are using mobile technology directly affects the way we market websites, especially medical practice sites. Research has shown that now, more than ever, web users are searching from their smartphones and tablets to access medical information online. This means mobile users are looking for new doctors, health care information and accessing their electronic health records (EHR) while on-the-go.
Facts About Mobile Use as of January 2014, According to The Pew Research Internet Project
- More than half of American adults have a smartphone, as high as 58 percent
- Slightly less, 32 percent of American adults have an e-reader (Kindle, Nook, etc.)
- Almost half of American adults, 42 percent own a tablet (for example, an iPad)
- More than half of mobile users surveyed (63 percent) reported using their smartphones to access the Internet
- Of those surveyed, 34 percent used their smartphones solely to access the Web
What's the Different Between a Mobile-Friendly Site and a Site Optimized for Mobile Use?
- A mobile friendly site is a separate version of your desk top site
- Mobile friendly sites require mobile users to select the site and wait for it to load
- Sites optimized for mobile immediately react to the size of the smartphone screens that they are being viewed on
- Sites optimized for mobile load quick and retain site visitors for longer periods of time
Why Should My Medical Practice Website Be Optimized for Mobile?
- Sites optimized for mobile use retain visitors
- They are easily accessible to site visitors
- It helps put your site ahead of competitors
- The major benefit of using a DIY website builder like Dr. Leonardo is that our sites are automatically optimized for mobile
Ready to Build a Site Optimized for Mobile? Dr. Leonardo Can Help.
Dr. Leonardo is a website builder designed for medical practices. In three easy steps, you can have your medical practice's website live on the Web. For more information on where to start, contact us.