5 Reasons Why Mobile Sites Are More Important Than Ever
The mobile Web is growing--quickly. These days, it's impossible to go out in public without spotting someone staring at a smartphone or tablet. With more and more people stepping away from the desk and accessing the Internet from mobile devices, websites that aren't optimized for mobile may become lost in the fold. Take a look at some recent facts that show just how big of an impact mobile users have on Web traffic.
5 Surprising Facts About The Mobile Web
- Most Facebook members visit the site with a mobile device. In a recent report from Facebook, it was revealed that there were 680 million mobile monthly active users as of the end of December 2012, signaling a 57% jump from the previous year. Additionally, the social media giant announced that mobile active users exceeded those visiting from computers for the first time in its history.
- Two thirds of consumers are choosing smartphones. With an increasing number of people turning to smartphones, the mobile Web is becoming more popular than ever. As more and more start using phones and tablets with Internet browsing capabilities, websites will need to adapt to stay current.
- Mobile traffic accounts for more than half of all Web traffic. A whopping 60 percent of all online traffic now comes from users on smartphones and tablets, according to a recent comScore report. That number is up from 50 percent in 2013. Physicians who haven't optimized their sites for mobile use may be missing out on this key, growing audience.
- Mobile searches have grown 400 percent since 2010. Smartphones and tablets allow users to have instant access to information. Instead of having to wait until they're near a computer to do an Internet search, they can simply pull their phone out and get the information they need. A mobile site allows users to more easily explore your practice.
- Fifty-seven percent of people won't recommend a business with a bad mobile site. Websites are typically designed to fit onto a large computer screen, not a small smartphone. So what happens when users try to access these sites on their phones? They're constantly zooming in and trying to navigate a clunky interface. A sleek mobile website helps users navigate your site with ease -- and potentially recommend your services to someone else.
Looking to go mobile? Let Dr. Leonardo help!
Create your own high quality, professional site in four incredibly easy steps using Dr. Leonardo, a convenient Internet Presence Management tool that also allows users to fill their practice's site with informative patient education and award-winning images. Click here to get started!