Your Website's Images Can Tell A Story
The accessibility of our phones has driven our everyday life to be surrounded by imagery. Images can be more effective than words, especially in a pinch. That is why one of the most important types of content for your healthcare website are high-quality images.
But what is an effective image?
Images That Are Best For Healthcare Websites
Not all images are created equal. For example, a grainy 'map-style' shot of the street where you're office located is not as effective or inviting as a clear photograph of your building with a clear view of your signage. All the pictures used on your website should be the correct size and resolution for the web to ensure that all visitors are presented with a consistent, professional image of your practice.
Several types of images should be used to make your website content more dynamic:
- Infographics - Infographics incorporate statistics, diagrams, and illustrations to convey clear, concise messages.
- Product images - If you offer healthcare products or use top-of-the-line medical equipment, you may want to include well-lit, professional photographs of these items on your website.
- Property photos - In addition to an image of the front of your building, include pictures of your lobby and exam rooms. These can help patients know what to expect at your facility.
- Relevant stock photos - When choosing stock photos, select images that are inviting and relatable to the content on the webpage.
- Staff portraits - Introduce your staff members ahead of time with portraits so your patients can get an idea of who they will be seeing.
In addition to the guidelines listed above, all the images you use must be legally obtained and displayed. Whenever necessary, be certain to obtain release forms from staff members and patients. If you aren't sure how to find high-quality images that are relevant to your practice and labeled for commercial reuse, Dr. Leonardo is happy to help.
How Do Website Images Benefit Your Practice?
The right combination of images can provide your practice with numerous benefits. Your site may experience the following benefits from the inclusion of high-quality images.
- Better Social Media Integration - Social media links are more effective when they include an image. When your site already has adequate images, links on Facebook, Twitter, and similar platforms show those images as part of the links to your website.
- Improved Search Engine Optimization - While search-engine indexing bots do not "see" images, they do read image alt-text and take note of where images exist. Websites with sufficient images often rank better in search engine results, especially if the images all have effective alt-text.
- Lower Bounce Rate - Engaging content like high-quality images can keep prospective patients on your page for longer periods of time.
- Optimized Formatting - Text-heavy formatting does not work well on digital platforms. Online materials must be easy to understand without a lot of extra words. Including relevant images piques readers' interest, breaks up large sections of text, and helps explain complex concepts.
At Dr. Leonardo, we work with healthcare providers to help them develop the best possible websites. Our services include helping you choose images that best reflect your practice and values. Learn more about our process on our How It Works page.