Key Elements For Building A Plastic Surgery Practice Website
In today's market, every medical practice needs their own website. However, it's reasonable to assume that doctors may not know the first thing about building a website. It's important that medical practice websites contain more than just contact information to make sure that they make a great first impression on their visitors. Each medical specialty is different, therefore each website should contain different elements. To follow are some of the key elements plastic surgeons should include in their practice's website.
Organized Main Menu
Every website's homepage needs to be equipped with an organized main menu. If site visitors can't find the information that they are looking for with ease, they are likely to move on to another website. Main menus should be clearly labeled. Some important tabs to include are:
- Meet The Doctor(s), provide site visitors with biographical information including the doctor's education and professional history as well as professional affiliations. Some personal or interesting facts about the doctor is a good way to establish patient trust.
- Location page (include map, directions, telephone, fax and email information)
- Financing Options
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Patient Portal Access
- Visual Tour of photos of the office, including equippment
- Before and After gallery (only use photos and information that patients have given you permission to use)
- Services Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the practice and services offered
- Practice News or Blog
- Every page should include a photo or image
- Only use images that you own the rights to
- A design "rule of thumb" is to include one image or photo for every 500 words of copy
- Contact forms are a great way to help grow your practice
- Contact forms should be visible on the homepage
- Great way to gather email addresses for existing and potential patients for e-mail marketing opportunities
Interested in Creating Your Own Plastic Surgery Website? Dr. Leonardo Can Help.
Dr. Leonardo is a website builder designed for medical practices. In three easy steps, you can have your medical practice's website live on the Web. For more information on where to start, contact us.