Infographic: Physicians & EHR Adoption
It's well known that the number of medical practices that have switched over to electronic medical records (EMR) and electronic health records (EHR) has been steadily on the rise in recent years.
In fact, the number of physicians making the change from a paper filing system to digital records has tripled since 2010. Information management company Iron Mountain recently compiled the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's figures regarding EHR adoption into a helpful infographic.
Here are some of the CDC survey's most interesting findings:
Of the physicians who are adopting EHR systems,
- 49% are physician-owned practices
- 69% are academic health centers
- 73% are community health centers
- 100% are HMOs
The proportion of physicians who adopted an EHR system is relative to the size of the practice. Of those who made the change,
- 29% were solo practitioners
- 60% were 2-physician practices
- 62% were 3-10 physician practices
- 86% were practices with 11 or more physicians
Switching from paper to an EHR provides benefits for both patients and providers:
- 75% report that an EHR allows them to deliver better patient care
- 88% report that EHR produces clinical benefits for their practice
- 94% report that EHR makes records readily available at point of care
Dr. Leonardo Lets You Build an Effective Websites for Your Healthcare Practice!
Create your own high quality, professional site in four incredibly easy steps using Dr. Leonardo, a convenient Internet Presence Management tool that also allows users to fill their practice's site with informative patient education and award-winning images. Click here to get started!